Thursday, May 24, 2012

It's Spring!

It is finally spring! It has been so nice outside and I was finally able to plant my garden!
I've got lettuce, cucumber, tomato, zucchini, strawberries, onions, and chili peppers.

My garden!

My sister-in-law and her two kids came to visit Idaho on my birthday, along with Dan's mom and I was able to see all of them. It was so much fun and we had some reeeaaally yummy treats.

I have been really into fruity treats (num-nums as I used to call them):

 Sherbet Ice Cream

Apple Cobbler with Oatmeal Streusel (missing some bites) 

 Strawberry Pizza (One my grandma used to make for me)


Dan is playing soccer this semester and is playing at goalkeeper (I think our kids are doomed to that position)! He had a great game and made a few awesome saves, although I don't know how my parents avoided pulling their hairs out while watching... It's so stressful!

 Drinking Some Water

For cinco de mayo we had some people over for a party! It was a lot of fun and we had individual nachos, taquitos, margaritas, chips and salsa and queso, etc. It was delicious!

As usual, I bought way too much ice and margarita mix and have been making strawberry margaritas very often and they are so tasty!


Dan and I went to go see Avengers (finally) the other night and it was so good! I was amazed and absolutely loved it.

Not too much else going on. Only 2 months until the end of the semester, and then Dan and I are taking a trip to Washington D.C./ Philadelphia to see some U.S. history and just to take a little vacation to ourselves! We are really excited and I lovvve planning trips!

This weekend is Memorial Day weekend and we are going out with some friends and then a big ole bbq with our friends on Monday. (Plus lots of homework, studying, and writing in between.) It'll be a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment